Thursday, October 6, 2011

General Conference Weekend

I'm a bit behind in blogging so there will be several posts in a row here.

I always look forward to General Conference weekend! It's such an uplifting and rejuvenating time for me. It's nice to have a Sunday off from my RS secretary calling at church and it's so wonderful to spend time with family. 

On Friday night, we were able to attend Rob's mission reunion with President & Sister Hansen (his first mission president). It was at their home in West Haven. They had a slideshow of many of the missionaries from Rob's mission with their families today. Rob really enjoyed seeing familiar faces again on the slideshow and we saw a few people there as well. The best was seeing Matt Sanford and his little boy McCoy (missed you Amber!). They served together in Germany and then they were our neighbors in Logan. I can't believe it's been 6 1/2 years since Rob got home from his mission. Crazy!

On Saturday, we hung out at my parents house, watched conference, and had a great, big dinner! Yum! Hunter came home from college and I hadn't seen him in a month so it was SO good to see him! Sunday morning we had our traditional "monkey bread" breakfast and watched the 1st Sunday session of conference. Then we headed to Rob's parents for lunch and the 2nd Sunday session.

I loved many of the talks, but I must say that I was a bit distracted this conference with Drake and other things, so I'm really looking forward to reading them in a few months.

It was so fun to watch Drake with his grandparents. He seriously adores them! He wanted Grandma to follow him wherever he went and would grab her fingers and pull her where he wanted her (This is a new thing he does- pull on our fingers and say  "come see", or "watch this", or "play?").
Grandma is the greatest grandma ever and followed him everywhere playing until she was just plum tuckered out and needed a rest!
Nice Sunday evening walk to end the weekend. 
We are so blessed with the family that surrounds us!

1 comment:

The Hoskissons said...

Great picture of Grandma and Drake, and the picture of them walking is priceless. Enjoy those conferences with the parents!