WELCOMING CHRISTMAS
December is so extremely busy for us (like everyone else). Between parties and work, I honestly think we have something every single night this month. In past years, we've always been so busy as it gets closer to Christmas that we never have a chance to have a nice dinner and celebrate Christmas with just the 3 of us.
So....this year, we started a new tradition- Welcoming Christmas!
On Sunday, December 4th, we had a really nice Christmas dinner while listening to Christmas music, then we each got to open some presents (in future years, it will probably just be 1 present, but there were several things I wanted to get Drake that he could play with throughout the whole month), and then the plan was to read Christmas stories.
The menu for our Christmas Dinner
Honey Ham
Au Gratin Potatoes
Christmas Tree Breadsticks
Santa Strawberries (via Pinterest- and they did NOT work out)
White Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Red & Green Rice Krispie Ornaments (via Pinterest- DID work out- yay!)
Drake was totally into this game of opening presents and finding a fun surprise!
He got the Christmas Classics DVD's (pack of 5 with Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Clause is coming to town, and 2 others), Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas DVD, and a Little People Nativity Set.
Rob & I got the DVD's- How the Grinch Stole Christmas & The Nativity Story
(Sorry about the horrible pics- I think Santa is bringing me a new camera!)
Then, Rob surprised me with a SHARK NAVIGATOR VACUUM!
I wanted a new vacuum for Christmas or my birthday in January because our old vacuum is broken. Rob said that I deserved to get it now and get something else for Christmas since it's for cleaning- I was so surprised and so excited! He's amazing! And, it's amazing! You should have seen all the dirt it picked up that our old vacuum hadn't- disgusting, really. I've never had so much fun vacuuming!
By the time we did all the of the above, we were too tired to do anything else, so we put Drake to bed. It was such a fun night we just the three of us though!
So...We will continue this tradition next year. The plan is to have "Welcoming Christmas" on December 1st to welcome in the Christmas month. We'll have dinner, one Christmas-themed present each, and then do something Christmas-y (read books, watch a movie, make a gingerbread house)! I think it will be something our kids will look forward to as our family grows- I hope so!

4 comments:
Linds, I absolutley LOVE this idea, would you mind if I addpoted it into my families new traditions, seriously this is the best thing I have ever heard! LOVE LOVE LOVE it, thank you for sharing all your fun things and ideas, so inspiring..and I cant wait to come home to do some of these things as well!
mmm... you're dinner looks so delish! Makes me want to make Christmas Dinner! Love reading your blog!
Hi! i don't think you know me. i went to beauty school with britney blanch and you would come in to get your hair cut by her. well, I came across your blog and have followed it cause our boys are close to the same age and you always have cute ideas on here. I love this idea of the holiday dinner! I'm definitely doing this next year. Max's birthday is next week and we've been busy planning that or else I should start this year. Anyways, sorry for this novel I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and this idea! Hope you dont think I'm a crazy stalker!
This is such a great idea! Even though we don't have any kiddos yet, I think this is a great tradition to start! Love it!
Post a Comment