Last weekend (Thursday-Saturday) we went to St. George to watch my brother Hunter play his final high school baseball games. So bittersweet, but a fun get-away for the fam!
We drove down on Thursday and made it just in time for the first game. And it was rainy, cold, and windy! Ooh...I was mad! Where was the gorgeous St. George weather!?? Thanks goodness it came the next day or I was about to turn around and head back home.
I worked 3 nights in a row and we took off at 6:00am when I got off work and I slept in the car as much as I could. Hence the reason, I'm looking a bit tired in this picture at the first rainy game. Yuck!
This sweetheart made me happy though. I love my little Paisley (my little cousin/niece).
Drake & I went down with all of my family and Rob came on Friday. Christie & Scott were there with Whitney and friends, and Brooke & Justin came down with their cute kids so we got to spend time with lots of family and it was great!
As always, Drake was in heaven watching all the games. He is a sports boy through and through.
Below top 3 pictures- Drake intently watching Hunter and the team warm-up at their game on Friday morning. It was a beautiful day!
Bottom 3- Drake hanging with Daddy, Playing ball with Grandma, and Drake stealing Grandma's chair so he can sit back and enjoy his popcorn.
Do you think Drake inherited Rob's super sensitive eyes? Look at those squints!
Paisley makes me want to have another baby (joke) because it was so fun to watch these two interact and play together! Here they are dancing to the stadium music-
Bear River won 2 games and lost their 3rd.
Honestly, it was so hard.
There were lots of tears shed when they lost and lots by my family.
Hunter is such a huge part of our family. He's the only boy stuck right in the middle of 4 girls and we have all adored watching him play sports. We haven't missed many games in the last several years. He is graduating next week, so this was his very last game and it was so depressing when they lost. We are so excited for what the future holds for him though!!!
The team leaving the stadium. Hunter #11-
I really look up to my brother in the way that he quickly gets over losses, puts a smile on his face, and moves on with life. He is seriously the greatest brother anyone could ask for. He is amazing with Drake, always giving him lots of attention. And, I can't remember one single game that he hasn't come up to me afterwards and given me a giant hug and said "thanks for coming". He never acts "too cool" and is a strong, righteous boy. He will be such an amazing missionary in a year. (ok, I'll get off my brag-wagon now)
Pictures with family after the game-
Hunter's cheerleaders! We'll be behind you all your life Hunts!
Drake's hero-
Hanging out in the sun!
Practice makes perfect Drake. Keep working hard and you'll be just like your big uncle!
We stayed at the Crystal Inn and Drake & I had our own room. We're so lucky! Our room connected with Mom, Dad, & Hannah's and Drake thought that was super cool. Every morning, he woke up and ran into their room to greet them. Grandpa got Drake breakfast in bed one morning and Drake learned how great it is to eat in bed and watch cartoons!
Cookies and chocolate covered pretzels for breakfast? Uh...yes!
While were down there, we also got a little bit of pool time in, ate out lots (yum), and made a quick trip to a the Women's Expo for a little shopping. I'm so looking forward to our girls St. George trip in July!
On Sunday, Hunter spoke in church with the graduating seniors and did a wonderful job. I won't repeat myself too much, but just want to say that I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!
On Sunday, Hunter spoke in church with the graduating seniors and did a wonderful job. I won't repeat myself too much, but just want to say that I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!
And I really LOVE this picture!






2 comments:
I can't believe Hunter is graduating! Time flies! What a fun trip though! St. George is the best!
Oh, these pics are precious! You are so right your evaluation of Hunter. He is a GREAT young man. I have always appreciated his humility which not many would have with the amount of success he has achieved in his 18 years. Love the pic of him with Drake! Family time is the best, isn't it?
Post a Comment