Anyways, I thought it would be fun to write a little bit about 2011-
We started the year off with a wonderful and most needed vacation to Cancun with Lindsay's family. We got to swim with dolphins which was a dream fulfilled! We travelled to Colorado and California in the Spring. And then had the most amazing summer with vacations to California, Lake Powell and St. George and we had our Hunsaker family reunion.
Drake grew up so much this year. He started walking, talking, and developed a personality. Such huge changes from 1 to 2 years old! He is the highlight of every day of our lives. We love being parents and love the memories we made this last year with him.
Robert and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary!
In October, we had lived in our house for 1 whole year. We love our home! We became busy with church callings this last year and got to know our neighborhood and ward. We love it here (though still miss Logan!).
We experienced many parenting challenges as we are learning how we want to parent. It's been a hard, but good learning experience and will be for many, many years.
Robert became an insurance agent in the Spring and then left that field of work in November. He now has a business job that he loves and that fits him perfectly. We are so grateful for the blessings we have received pertaining to his career. It's been a tough year for us at times, a year that we are kind of ready to leave behind, but we have grown and feel that we are better off for all the experiences we had. We definitely look forward to the future though.
We worked on becoming more healthy this year...eating better and exercising and I ran my first race.
We had the most amazing summer and spent most of it outside playing.
I'm looking forward to this New Year. I'm a "list person" which also makes me a "goal person". I believe in having goals. I don't stress out about my New Years resolutions, but I do like to have something to work towards.
I have quite a few goals for this next year, many of which are personal, but here are a few highlights-
- Be kinder to Sasha, our dog.
- Continue on my wellness journey of eating well and exercising. Tone my body.
- Run a 10K race.
- Read the Book of Mormon by following along with the Sunday school lessons.
- Be less judgmental of others.
- Unpack the boxes upstairs from moving that I've never gotten to. (or chosen to avoid)
- Finish Drake's 1 year scrapbook.
- Get all of our pictures organized (into photo books or just backed up at least).
1 comment:
I love that your decorations are still up. Haha!
What a mixed year. I love writing and remembering what a year brings in those twelve months.
You're awesome and I love you.
Post a Comment