Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy to be together again

I'm excited to blog about Cancun. It was amazing! I'll get to that soon enough.

I just wanted to post about the fun our family has been having since we got home from our trip.
It may be that Drake missed us?
It may be that Drake missed his house and toys?
But, I think it's just my new-found attitude from being in paradise for a week.
Whatever it is...I am just loving every second with Drake!
He has been hilarious and so fun the last few days!
I love watching him play with his toys. He's actually REALLY playing with them!
And I swear he got bigger and smarter in the week we were gone. It amazes me how fast he is learning!

The holidays were so busy and then we headed to Cancun right after so I haven't felt like I have been able to devote my full attention to Drake the last few weeks. But, since we got home, even though there is still lots to do, I have found myself just wanting to be down on the floor with him all day playing, tickling, reading, and giggling together!

For me, our trip was the perfect medicine for making me appreciate Drake more. I'm so glad we went and left Drake. I would recommend it to anyone!
Before, I found myself thriving on Drake's naps to get me through the day. Now, I am tempted daily to wake him up from his naps to play because I miss him while he's sleeping. I know this won't last for long, but for now, I'm appreciating it!

For now, we are playing, Playing, PLAYING!
We are so happy to be together again!
  
And just for my memory of the above picture:
"Drake" gave me these blocks for my birthday for us to play together with. They've been a big hit! I build up some little structure and then he tears it down. Tonight, I was throwing the blocks and knocking them over, just being crazy, and he looked at me and just started laughing hysterically. He was probably thinking- "What?! My mom is making a mess?! This rocks!" It was adorable that he got such a kick out of mom being nuts.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Vacations are SO good for moms. I'm so glad you had such a great time!

He is getting cuter and cuter and cuter!