Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Thought #8

Today, I'm thankful for:
My AMAZING husband saving me today! (Seriously, what is up with my baby? He hasn't taken naps the last several days. I'm pulling my hair out this very instant!). After talking to Rob on the phone, I exclaimed "I'M DONE!" Rob came straight home at 5pm, immediate grabbed Drake and fed him dinner and offered to make dinner for us since I had had such a bad day with little Drakey. He even cleaned up too. I hope he knows how thankful I am for him today!

The relationship my husband has with my little brother. They are best friends.

The tender mercy I was granted tonight. Drake & I had a very rough day, as you can tell from the above paragraph. He's either teething or has a small cold. Either way, he is grumpy, clingy, and not napping whatsoever which makes him even more grumpy and clingy and TIRED! I love him more than anything in the world, but I was just DONE today. Rob asked me to give Drake his bath while he was making dinner and I really didn't want to because, like I said, I was DONE. I'm glad I did though. After working with Drake for weeks now, I finally got him to repeat a word I said. He knows a few words and he says them every so often, but he's never done this. It was like we were having a little conversation. I could get him to say "Uh-oh", "Hello", "Sasha", and "Rar-rar" after I said them. He did it over and over again. It probably sounds pretty insignificant, but to me it was so exciting!
The bottom line is that even though being a mom is really hard work somedays and days like today, I may have reflected several times on the simple life I had just one year ago, IT IS ALL WORTH IT when I have extraordinary moments like this one with Drake. His smile and laugh get me through his tantrums and whininess. I love that little guy with all my heart. I am so thankful that I get to be his mother. I am thankful for the happy times and the hard times he brings into my life. He makes me such a better person. And I know my Heavenly Father is the ultimate one to thank for all of this.

Ok..rambling/venting over now. My apologies.

7 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

can i ditto each of those thoughts? husbands are great! what's up with these kids randomly not napping for days in a row? not cool.

Matt, Nat, Hallie & Gracelyn said...

I think its awesome and great that you vent so you don't go crazy. Sometimes I think it would be easier to leave your kids with a babysitter for them to deal with them everyday but thats not what life is all about. It must be that time of year Hallie has been napping horribly to but there is something gradifying when over looking the sometimes annoying part that when all else fails that little person feels that you can make everything better no matter what it is. Good luck and hang in there I don't know how people are single parents! haha

Springs Hollow Relief Society Presidency said...

amen sista!

The Hoskissons said...

Linds, it is very normal to have "bad days" with our little ones. They are so needy of us. I hope that little munchin takes a nap for you soon. He's way to young to stop that. Aren't we thankful we aren't doing it on our own. I'm glad Robert is such a big help, he must of had an awesome sister to teach him:) Love your hair dark too! My friend went from Blonde to snow white dark and now leaves it dark and she looks great. You look beautiful always, but it does look really nice. Love you!

Cindy said...

Linds, I've missed so much, poor little teething Drake and poor you for not getting a break! Every mom needs a few minutes (or two hours) of peace and quiet every day!! Hope things improve with the little guy. By the way, love, love, your hair darker. You are so gorgeous no matter what you do! I spoke with G&G Rose a couple of days ago and they were thirlled that you came out for a visit. I really need to make it out there! Anyway, don't be too hard on yourself for getting frustrated. Being a mom is the hardest thing but the most rewarding! It's just up to us to notice the good in the day rather than all the negative (hard to do on an extremely bad day) Love ya!

Cami Jo said...

I know how you feel! Some days I am done too ;) that is awesome that Drake is starting to talk a little bit, how precious. I am sure you are the perfect mommy, don't be hard on yourself!

Jocelyn said...

Amen and amen. Those little moments really make it worth the whole difficult/maddening/emotionally exhausting times.