Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Traditions

We had a great Easter Weekend in Tremonton with our families!

The gals colored Easter eggs while the men were at the Priesthood Session of General Conference.

The Easter Bunny found Drakey Sunday morning. Drake was spoiled with toys, books, clothes, and this cute Easter outfit.

Sunday we spent time at both our parents homes watching conference together. I loved conference and am excited to go back and watch/read it again.

This past weekend, I reflected a lot on the Easter traditions I remember from my childhood. I have some very fond memories and I miss them. My family used to travel to Park Valley to stay at my Grandma and Grandpa Rose's house for Easter. All of the cousins would sleep in the huge family room in sleeping bags. I was always so nervous that I was going to wake up and see the Easter Bunny as he tiptoed around us delivering our Easter baskets while we were sleeping. Sunday morning, we all woke up so excited and ran around finding our baskets- which were always hidden in great hiding spots. The Easter bunny even left a scavenger hunt one time for us to find our baskets. We'd enjoy our Easter surprises, then go to church with my grandparents. After church, we had a giant Easter egg hunt. And I mean GIANT! The parents and older cousins got to hide the Easter eggs and went to great lengths at times to hide them in the hardest, most strategic places. Often, we'd find Easter eggs from years prior that no one had found the year before. We each had one golden egg with a special treat and money in it and our name written on it. These were specially hidden for each of us.

After the Easter egg hunt, we would bring our candy inside, dump it out and count it. Then, me and my 2 cousins my age, Mitch & Lisa would combine all our candy and sort it and then divide it evenly among ourselves. Being the strange OCD child I was, I would then put each type of candy into individual baggies. They could NOT be mixed together. haha.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on, but these are such fond memories and one's I don't want to ever forget. I really miss getting together with our extended family each year for Easter and the fun activities we did. I'm also so thankful for such amazing grandparents. I look up to each one of them and want to be just like them when I'm older.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yeah, the golden egg for EACH cousin started long after I got to hunt for eggs! I never did get it and I'm still bitter about it! :)

Those were really fun traditions, weren't they? I have really great memories of Easter in Park Valley.

Christie said...

Those were fun days, I miss those days, I wish that everyone hadn't grown up!!! So Sad. Maybe we should start a new Easter tradition, so we could have some new memories. Love ya

The Ball Family said...

Sounds like a great Easter. Drake is getting cuter and cuter!

Anonymous said...

your little drake is so cute! it looks like you guys are doing well!

Adam Blanch said...

I love Drakes little smile! I can't wait to meet him! I am going to be coming home the end of May and staying for a while. Adam will be in LA and I will move there in July. So I will get to play with you. Lets go on walks and to lunch and stuff. I still want to be forever friends with you too!

Brittany and Adam said...

I love Drakes little smile! I am coming home the end of May and I will stay in Logan for a bit so we need to play. I am excited to meet him. And of course we are still forever friends. I wonder if we could still speak/understand our language that we made up in high school. Who am I kidding of course we couldwanwan.