Sunday, January 3, 2010

Drake is 2 Weeks Old!

Wow! I cannot believe my little baby is already 2 weeks! It seems like we have only had him for a few days. I feel like I should have things down by now at least in terms of changing diapers and nursing and I am so far from it. We have had so many happy and challenging times over the past 2 weeks. I'm so thankful that my husband is so supportive and understanding. I'm sure he thinks I've lost my mind at times- my emotions and hormones are going crazy! (Isn't it supposed to get better after you've had the baby! haha). I have to tell myself every day "You can do this!" But I am loving being at home and spending every minute with my little boy. He brings so much happiness into my life. I never want these moments to end. Every time I look at him, I swear he's changed or gotten bigger. Sorry for the huge amount of pictures, but people keep asking me for pictures so here they are.
Grandma Hunsaker meeting Drake for the first time.
Grandpa Bob (my dad) He really hardly ever cries unless he's cold or getting a bath- both in this picture.

Little burrito-Sasha pretty much just ignores Drake but Rob loves to take pictures of them together. I'm sure they will be best friends someday.
Drake had jaundice so we had to get his bilirubin level checked 2 more times after he left the hospital. It all resolved within about 4 days. We were told to put him in the sunlight as much as possible though. This is at my parents house- we stripped him down and sat him next to the fireplace. I was so worried about him getting cold. Well, when we picked him up about an hour later, he was SOAKING wet with sweat on his back. Obviously, he was plenty warm! He loved being in the sunlight though- look how he stretched out his long legs.
I loved this outfit!
Rob is such an amazing dad. My love for him grows everyday as I watch him with Drake. He does everything around the house and is constantly encouraging me to rest. He's always offering to change Drake's diaper or burp him and has been my go-to guy to discuss how I feel about breastfeeding and other issues. He got upset with me one morning when he woke up and realized I'd never woken him during the night to help with Drake. What an amazing guy! He's so calm and collected as well and Drake senses it- he always calms right down with his daddy.
This picture makes me laugh- I didn't realized I was squishing his face so much.
Stop that mom!
We are all pretty tired around here...
Grandma Sheri (my mom) came to stay with us for a few days while Rob was out of town. I'm so thankful for my momma! She helped me so much around the house and took great care of us. Mostly though, I'm so thankful to have someone to talk to about everything. She's my best friend.
This boy smiles so much just as he's falling asleep. I can't wait til he'll smile at me, but this is adorable for now!
Aw...what a good life!

Well, that's all for now folks!

9 comments:

Kip & Alisha said...

Such a cute family you have now! :) Rob is such a good guy and will be an awesome Dad! I'll come visit ya sometime this week..

Jocelyn said...

Oooooh, love love love these!

The Hoskissons said...

Rob and Linds, I must say that I have at least two children who have those same long bony fingers! We couldn't get over how much he looks like one of our babies. We love you guys and miss holding this sweet little boy!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Oh, it will get easier linds. How is the breastfeeding going? Trey had a hard time...he never slept either and I remember thinking the same thing.."I can do this." And I used to tell my self that "its just another day in paradise" over and over again. You are doing awesome and don't hesitate to ask questions, I am no expert but its always fun to see what other MOMS do!
Ker

Austin and Leslie said...

That is so cute. He really is a good looking baby! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys :)

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

Congrats again Lunds! He is adorable, I cannot believe you are a mom! I'll will have to come and see him sometime if that is okay with you!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful little boy! I'm so excited for you guys. I've been rotten about checking blogs lately but I'm so glad I checked yours. You look amazing and I'm sure you are feeling hectic and crazy but I know you are a fabulous mother. I can tell by your wonderful posts. Anway, I seriously can't believe my Aunt Sheri is a Grandma, she looks like a teenager. What's up with that?? Anyway, love you and good luck with the babe. Cherish the time alone with just one, it'll never be the same.

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, he is squishy, hugable cute!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you have such a handsome little boy! He is so cute! I am glad that everything went well!! I know what your talking about being emotional i felt like i was more emotional after than when i was pregnant! But don't worry it all gets better! And seriously it does help to talk to other moms about stuff, it helps you realize your not the only one experiencing things! Enjoy your new little family!