Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby's First Christmas

"Dear Santa, I've been GOOD all year! (Just ask my mommy)"
Drake was only 5 days old for Christmas so we debated leaving the comfort of our cozy home, but we decided to temporarily move over to my parents basement for a few days so we'd be closer to family. We were still able to have our privacy, but had a lot of help and were able to enjoy Christmas Eve & Christmas with family. Here are some highlights:

We had a quiet Christmas Eve with my immediate family and my dear Grandma Payne.
Four generations picture- We opened siblings presents. Rob & I had Katie and Hannah so we had Auntie t-shirts made for them. We sat in the living room and everyone sang or played the piano as part of our Christmas program. Then Grandma Payne sat at the piano and played for us while we all sang Christmas carols together. It was really special.

Hannah & Katie acted out a small nativity for us.

We put Drake in a stocking and he looked like a mermaid.

Great grandparents loving on little Drake.
So happy and so exhausted!
I think this will probably be our most special Christmas ever. Holding a newborn in your arms while you sing about Christ's birth really makes it feel real to you. I was a big bawl baby! Merry (late) Christmas everyone! We are so thankful for all of you!

2 comments:

Amy and David said...

He is so sweet! I love him in the stocking :) What a cute little nativity ;)

Greg and Wendy said...

Love the last little Hunsaker family picture and your sentiment about Christmas, holding a new baby, and singing about Christ's birth.