On August 11th, we had our 2nd ultrasound at 21 weeks. This is where they make sure everything looks good structurally and the baby is growing according to dates. What a relief to find out it was forming perfectly! The best part was finding out the sex of the baby! I was so nervous! We both were kind of hoping for a boy, but we really didn't care. We thought it would be nice to have a boy first so that our daughters would have a big brother to watch over them. We thought it would be a little easier to have a boy first since everything is a bit more relaxed with a boy. The week prior to the U/S, I kept having dreams that it was a girl so I was sure it was a girl. Rob thought it was a boy. Sure enough, he was right- It's a BOY! We were so excited! I couldn't wipe the grin off my face the whole day and couldn't stop crying at random moments (though that's been the case this whole pregnancy haha)
I can't find my ultrasound pictures so I'll have to post them later. The night of the U/S we got together at my parents house to tell them what the baby was and to celebrate. We brought a BIG present with us for grandma and grandpa!

I made sugar cookies for everyone to frost. Each person frosted a cookie- pink if they thought it was a girl and blue if they thought it was a boy. (Dad chose pink, Mom-blue, Staci-blue, Hunter-blue, Katelyn-blue, and Hannah-pink)

Grandma got to open her present and when she did...
...BLUE balloons came floating out!

And everyone CHEERED!

Then we toasted with Sparkling Cider and ate our Yummy sugar cookies!
I bought a cute red and white outfit and teeny tiny basketball shoes for the baby's first Bear River basketball game since he will come right in the middle of basketball season when Rob is coaching.

Proud, excited, soon-to-be grandparents!
2 comments:
Welcome back, Linds! It was so good to read all about the excitement with the baby. I LOVED the way you told your family about the sex of the baby! That is such a cute thing to do! We are so happy that your parents are on the verge of experiencing the greatest joy in life next to your own kids! Greg and I absolutely LOVE being grandparents.
This is a lucky baby boy to be coming to such a sweet and grounded couple! We'll look forward to lots more posts, honey!
Love,
Aunt Wendy
What a cute idea!! That would have been so fun to see the expressions on their faces!!
Post a Comment